Details of charges laid against Councillor Doug Dickerson
1) Failed to value the contributions of goods and/or services that were given to him and accepted by him or on his behalf for his election campaign.
– Specifically contributions of services provided by Larry Bristed, Shannon Currie, Lucy Campise and JoAnn Kerr Dickerson to his campaign.
2) Filing a financial statement that was incorrect or did not comply with the act.
– Payments to Larry Bristed, Shannon Currie, Lucy Campise and JoAnn Dickerson that were listed as expenses were not expenses.
– Amounts for parties or other expressions of appreciation after the close of voting that were included in the statement were not actually used for those purposes.
– The value of signs from the 2006 election that were reused in the 2010 election was not included.
– Failed to include a $750 contribution accepted between Oct. 1 and Oct. 13, 2010.
– Failed to reflect as contributions the value of services provided by Larry Bristed, Shannon Currie, Lucy Campise and JoAnn Kerr Dickerson.
3) Used campaign account for purposes other than his election campaign.
– Disbursed honoraria not related to the expenses of the election campaign.
– Monies disbursed for parties or other expressions of appreciation after the close of voting were not used for parties or other expressions of appreciation.
– $750 was disbursed to Carpet Corral on or around Nov. 5, 2010, without authority under the act.
4) Incurred expenses in excess of the spending limit calculated in accordance with the prescribed limit under the act.
5) Accepted campaign contributions from persons or other entities other than those entitled to make a contribution.Share this page!